Friday 10 June 2011

The Next Project

After a long hiatus and having had the time to marvel at Irene's phenomenal Nemo costume, I have decided to embark on my second sewing project. I settled on a pretty summer skirt. There will certainly be no time pressure to complete this project in a hurry! I picked a pattern from the multiple books that I bought from Amazon.co.uk and took my mother-in-law along for a fabric shopping expedition at the mega Spotlight in Auburn. I was quickly reminded of the reason that I BUY my clothes. Fabric is not cheap in Australia! At least not the ones that I was interested in...

Sew Serendipity, one of the MANY books purchased thanks to Amazon UK's free delivery to Australia offer

I bit the bullet and chose some fabrics. This had better be a skirt that looked different from anything that can be purchased from the shops! The paper for the pattern has been picked up from my mother's and I learnt that mother-in-law owns a ruffler attachment. Bonus! No more gathering ruffles by hand. I'm set to go. I am posting this to keep myself accountable and not shove the project aside. Let's see how long I take...

Pretty in blue hopefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment